Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gallery Walls

I started off with the best intentions. After getting married this May and receiving all of my digital images from our amazing photographer, I decided that I would get a few printed and hang them on my wall. Upon thinking about it I realized that I rarely ever get pictures printed anymore. I take billions of photos a year on vacations, with friends, and let's be serious--I mostly take pictures of my cat, and never take that extra step to actually get them printed up. Am I the only one who misses the old days of bad photos taken on disposable cameras?


So, I took the plunge and got a bunch of photos printed up. But what to hang them with? Pinterest and general research told me that a gallery wall would be so cute. It seemed easy enough, get a few frames and mash them together in a cute, haphazard shape. What I didn't realize was how ridiculous this whole project was going to be. My first mistake was in thinking that I didn't need to buy a pre-set "expensive" gallery wall from places like Pottery Barn. I don't have a crafty bone in my body so I don't know what I was thinking. Frames are expensive and getting things that would look remotely good together aren't going to happen at Goodwill (not with my patience levels at least). So here I am, about $100 in the hole and my gallery wall looks not so good.

Anybody have any ideas on how to resuscitate this project? Maybe one more frame without a mat? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment