Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Connecticut Wineries

I made a huge mistake. In posting my favorite things about NHV Summer, I completely forgot about one of the best things about summer: the Connecticut Wine Trail. I probably forgot about it because I don't indulge in it quite enough. Living in New Haven we are so lucky to have so many beautiful, tasty, and fun wineries just a short drive away and I am clearly spoiled by it. This past Saturday, I went to Gouveia Vineyards in Wallingford.

Seriously, this place is so stunningly beautiful I can't believe it's a ten minute drive from downtown New Haven. Even cooler is that they allow you to bring in any food of your choosing, so you could literally camp out there all day enjoying snacks and drinking their wines.


You can do a tasting, but I stuck with their Pinot Grigio, which is pretty good and very easy to drink (too quickly). While enjoying their beautiful property, we were surrounded by tons of other people who had spreads of food that would make anyone jealous.

Steph and Jeff

If you haven't been on the CT Wine Trail, go now. I'm kicking myself for only going once so far this summer and am already trying to plan my next visit. There is no better way for a group of friends to spend the day then eating, chatting, and enjoying tasty local wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment