Wednesday, August 13, 2014

3 Sweaty Summer Hacks That Have Done Right by Me

Some people are truly blessed; they can walk clear across the city in the wretched New England summer heat and humidity and arrive at a business meeting looking as clean and dry as a fresh cotton ball. If you are one of these people, congratulations, go enjoy a frozen yogurt, this post is not for you. This post is for the rest of us, the people like me, who take 20 steps to the conference room down the hall and drip in like I've just finished a half-marathon. If you're a sweaty beast, you know my pain. You know what it's like to wake up on a warm, humid summer morning, sweaty, and get into the shower, only to commence sweating again once you've toweled off. If you walk to work, even worse.

"Yes, it is going to be a hot one today."
Here's a couple tricks I've learned over the years to get some relief over the course of the long, hot summer.

1. Freezer Burn Baby Burn

Morning routines are tough to alter. It's just by the grace of God that I can get up, clean, and out of the apartment having remembered my pants. However, once June hits, I make it a habit to pick out my outfit before getting into the shower, and then stuffing it into the freezer on my way to the bathroom. A shave, a shower, and a whatever else you do later, voila, nice cool cotton to your nice clean skin. Enjoy that for the next half hour, or so, depending on just how bad your condition is. Be aware of what you have going on in your freezer, though, as you might drag something else to work with you.

2. Dry-Fit Underwear All The Time

Wicking wear isn't just for exercise any more, folks. I have co-workers who get away with wearing performance golf polos every day. More important, however, is what's going on below the waste. So, during the especially hot times, I'll rock the dry-fit boxers everywhere, everyday.

 

3. "No You Can Go Ahead of Me, I'm Still Deciding What I Want"

At mid-day, like most folks, I like to get out of the office and re-charge a bit with some caffeine. Everyone knows one of my summer addictions is a nice tall iced coffee. What people don't know, though, is that the relief of going out for iced coffee is two fold. Not only does every coffee shop offer up a nice sweet glass of chilled energy, but most even have a nice built in ball cooler to stand by while you're waiting in line.  

Ball Cooler.

Folks might wonder why you look so relieved hovering over the pre-made sandwiches, but they'll certainly appreciate it when you let them go ahead of you because you're still considering the beverage menu.
This guy knows what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment