Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Delaney's in Westville

The news that Delaney's Restaurant and Taproom has burned down is just devastating. Not only is it a great restaurant/bar in a neighborhood that doesn't have much else going on, but Delaney's is a New Haven institution. Amazing food and more beers on tap then one could possibly need.


Personally, my New Haven story started at Delaney's. When I moved to New Haven after college, I didn't have a job. I was going on interviews nearly every day and nothing was working out. After about a month, I was so broke that I realized I needed to get something. Delaney's hired me and I started working there full-time. The money was good and the clientele and my co-workers were awesome. Shift drinks were a great perk and shots of Tully after a long day were nearly mandatory. After another month I finally landed a full-time 'real' job, but decided to stay on at Delaney's. For the next year I waitressed part-time and spent a lot of time there with new friends.

I'm so sad that this place is no more, and only hope that there is some way they can rebuild. Where else can I get a chicken caesar roll-up and a craft beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment