Friday, September 26, 2014

I Recently Discovered Vine

Some people might be wondering where I've been lately. If you've called I haven't answered. If you've texted, I've ignored it. No blog posts. No emails. Radio Silence.

Basically me.
Basically, what had happened was: I got drunk and stumbled upon a not-so-new form of social media that then abducted my mind and has been holding me prisoner in a creepy basement pit of laughter for two weeks. Yes, I'm talking about Vine.


Sure, I'd heard about it when it started, everyone described it as video for Twitter. But it's so much more than that. Basically it is a stream of disposable, instant hilarity. You find some funny wannabe comedian and you scroll through some of his vines. If you don't like one (or five), it's not really a great loss because your time investment was a whole 10 seconds. I've found there is a whole culture of people out there and all they do is vine. Vine, vine, vine, all of the time. I enjoy them because there is no real formula to the medium, yet. So sometimes you get jokes and sketches, or more straight forward sports highlights or music video promotions. Here are some ones that made me laugh:

And another by that same guy:
Well, there goes the rest of my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment