Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Having a Moment: Rosé


While I traditionally stick to white wines year-round, especially in the summer, it has been hard to stay away from rose wines that are clearly having a moment. Recent visits to The Wine Thief and area restaurants prove that I'm not just imagining the rose influx. Not that I'm complaining. As someone who doesn't really like red wine, this is the perfect excuse to mix things up and embrace this trend wholeheartedly.

Rose wines get their color from grape skins and range from light pink to darker red depending on grape varieties and wine making techniques. I have found them to be light, fruity, and the perfect accompaniment to a summer in the Elm City. Read more about rose wine on my go to for wine knowledge, Buzzfeed. And remember, there's no shame in drinking pink wine (unless it's Boone's Farm)!

No comments:

Post a Comment