Friday, December 19, 2014

Mindfulness

 

Those that know me well know that I have a deep affection for 60 Minutes and never miss an episode. For a journalism major I really don't read as much hard news as I should, preferring to get most of my celebrity smut daily updates from E News and people.com. My one exception has been 60 Minutes, which is actually a very engaging and informative program. Every episode has three stories, ranging from wars around the world updates to here's a cute animal that we got really close to. Amazing!

This past Sunday, they featured a story about Mindfulness, which means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment. Essentially just being present in the moment and not thinking about other things or spending time on your iPad. While I don't know if I'm into the whole meditating side of it, I would really like to be more present in my every day life. This could be as simple as just enjoying a beautiful sunset and not instagramming it. Try it with me this holiday break!

No comments:

Post a Comment