Friday, December 5, 2014

Get It

Today is Friday, and the weekly Wooster Square Farmers Market is tomorrow at 9:00am. It is one of the best such markets in the city, and I'm not only saying that because I live right next door.
The setup.
Aside from the typical 9 stands of someone selling leafy greens, the market usually has some stands selling instant enjoyables like smoothies, coffee, crepes, hand pies, and myriad sweets like pastries, or, the real reason I'm talking about this right now: fresh-made doughnuts.


Every other week, or so, (if you're lucky) you'll approach the market and instantly detect the heavenly aroma of sugary and fried wafting through that late-fall air. About halfway down the line up, you'll find your hopes and dreams have come true (again, if you're lucky) when you spot the obnoxiously pink tent belonging to Sweet Madeline's, a doughnut maker from Glastonbury, CT. As you get closer, the smell becomes intoxicating and, drunk on it, you'll see the source. A magical machine pumping out fresh-fried rings of orgasm in two varieties; classic sugared, and apple cider cake.
Deus Ex Machina: literally, God comes from this machine.
For $5 you can two of each, and share them with a loved one, or at least someone who is sure to love you once they bite into what you've just handed them.
Yeah, sugar that. Pardon my thumb, I was excited.
As I've hinted, the Sweet Madeline's stand has proven pretty elusive at the Wooster Square Market. I've told friends about it, only to have them show up to a doughnut-less event. My best estimation is that they show up every other week. Coming all the way down from Glastonbury, I guess that's understandable...I guess. Either way, come on by the market tomorrow to enjoy the crisp air in a fun neighborhood. It's getting late in the year, and the market won't be around much longer!
These existed just long enough to take this one photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment