Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Saugerties, NY

While I love living in New Haven, sometimes you just need to get away from it all. There's the obvious choices: NYC, Boston, Providence, but I lately I've even been feeling sick of these places. I wanted to see and experience something new and shake up my fall doldrums. Whenever I'm bored at work and looking to escape I like to look at Jetsetter to see all of the wonderful places in the world that I should be visiting. So it is thanks to Jetsetter for giving me the idea to head to upstate New York for a little weekend getaway to Saugerties, NY. Some times all you need is 24 hours of beautiful fall foliage, wine, good food, and beautiful landscapes to refresh you after a long work week.

Here is a glimpse into our weekend and the fun things that we did.
 
Wine Tasting at Benmarl Winery (one of the oldest wineries in the US):


We stayed at Diamond Mills Hotel in Saugerties, where every room has a balcony overlooking this beautiful waterfall:

Took a short hike to the Saugerties Lighthouse, which also doubles as a small Bed and Breakfast with only two rooms. How cool would it be to stay there?
Had an amazing dinner at Miss Lucy's in the evening and a tasty breakfast at Love Bites in the morning:

Overall it was a great trip and I only wish that we had a few more days to spend exploring the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment