Thursday, October 9, 2014

Knicks/Celtics

The climax of baseball season upon us; exciting but short-lived. At the same time, football season in full swing; but I've never been much of a fan, which I know is sacrilegious talk for an American male. Lucky for me, however, another sports season that I very much enjoy is on the horizon. I'm talking about basketball season. The Boston Celtics first regular season game is coming up on October 29, and the UConn Huskies men play their first game just shy of a week later.

Last night, some friends and I heralded in the coming season by attending the Boston Celtics/New York Knicks pre-season game at the XL Center in awesome Hartford (for previous coverage of "New England's Rising Star" see here).

Basically Hartford.


It was my first NBA game, and despite having to haul up to Hartford, I was pretty excited. Attendance was pretty low, which was a surprise, but we got to see some of the starters get in some good play, which was also a surprise. Unfortunately, Celtics point guard and assist magician Rajon Rondo is out for the first few games of the season due to injury.



But Kelly Olynyk, Brandon Bass, and especially Jared Sullinger played great, and led the Celtics to a 20 point win over the Knicks. On the blue/orange side, Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire played nearly the whole game, and there was a pretty sick performance by some upstart named Travis Wear who isn't even listed on their roster. According to to the ticket, it was a home game for the Celtics, and they were pretty hyped about it:

17 time?! Oh, and the Knicks are playing too.
My buddy is a pretty die-hard NY fan, he got pretty bummed during the last minute of the game.

Yo, D, what are you looking at?

Oh, yeah, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment