Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pizza Haven

It's not news that New Haven is known for its pizza. When asked who has the best you may get varied responses: Modern, Pepe's, BAR, Sally's (to name a few). Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of New Haven-style pizza, as I prefer a bread-ier crust, but living one street away from Wooster Street, I can't deny that New Haven pizza is pretty great. Which is why I couldn't understand why all these new pizza places are popping up around town from the artisanal (Kitchen Zinc) to the make your own (Red Tomado), to Mario Batali's newest restaurant, Tarry Lodge. Don't we have enough pizza in this town???


I love Eataly in NYC, so even though I'm pizza-ed out, I had to try Tarry Lodge. After settling in to look at the menu, one pie in particular caught my eye: the guanciale with truffles and an egg. Intrigued, I ordered this pie and thank god I did. It's literally one of the best pizzas I have ever had. The runny egg mixes with the tuffles and cheese and the salty guanciale come together for a taste explosion.
 

To be fair, it's not really the kind of pizza they are selling on Wooster St, but it.is.so.good. I could probably eat a whole one myself! Who knew there was more room in New Haven for pizza??

No comments:

Post a Comment