Thursday, February 19, 2015

Here's What to Make for Breakfast, or, An Ode to My Avocado Slicer

In case you hadn't heard, avocado toast is so hot right now, and in case you didn't notice, this blog is on the cutting edge of what's hot, nay, we are Tastemakers.

Yes, Jacobim.


For a while now, I've been starting off my mornings right with my own avocado toast creation, which I will share with you now. It's simple, easy, delicious, and probably not all that healthy. It starts where all good things start; with frying up some bacon on medium-high heat:

Another good recipe would be to just stop right here.


While that's going on, with the scintillating aroma creeping up into my senses, I toast a couple pieces of bread, grab the closest avocado, and my handy avocado slicer. If you don't have one of these, I highly suggest getting it. I'm too lazy to research it right now, but I'm pretty sure we got this off Amazon for like $5. It's got a cutter:



A corer:


And a slicer:


I slide out half the avocado, and package up the rest with a coating of lime juice for use tomorrow morning. I add a dash of lime juice, salt, and pepper to the sliced half, and I mash it up real good:


When the bacon's done, it'll be reduced in size, nice and crispy, but not too browned. Otherwise when I crunch into it I'll just have a mouthful of shards. I take it out of the pan and set aside:



I dump out all the rendered bacon fat except enough to coat the pan, leaving all the little charred bits of bacon in there. Then, I lower the heat to medium, and crack two eggs into the bacon fat, topping it with some salt and pepper:


For a perfectly runny egg, I let them fry on one side for a minute, or so, until the egg white is almost cooked all the way through, as shown, then I flip:


I let the other side cook for about 30 seconds. DON'T OVER COOK YOUR EGGS OR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!


While the eggs cook, I prep the landing pad, first spreading the mashed avocado evenly over the toasts:


Then plopping down the bacon:


Right about now, my eggs should be nearing completion, so I go ahead and gently spatula those babies right on top of the bacon, and serve. I like mine with a bunch of Cholula:


I break open that runny goodness and let it run all over my bacon-avocado-toasty dreams:


You're welcome.


2 comments:

  1. I am really greatfull to you as you shared this.I am recently developing an app which is you might be interested to look on it : spotify premium hack apk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your article. you can visit my website Viki Apk

    ReplyDelete